ant-user mailing list archives

From Adam Murdoch <adammurd...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JavaCC dependencies
Date Fri, 17 May 2002 03:43:04 GMT
On Tue, 14 May 2002 02:20, Andreas Gruenhagen wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm using JavaCC to generate a small parser but unfortunatly ant does make
> a correct timestamp comparison. As a result the parser is build every time
> I call ant.

From the docs for the <javacc> task:

This task only invokes JavaCC if the grammar file is newer than the generated
Java files. javacc assumes that the Java class name of the generated parser
is the same as the name of the grammar file, ignoring the .jj. If this is not
the case, the javacc task will still work, but it will always generate the
output files.

So, rename either your .jj file, or the output class, so that their names
match, and then the <javacc> task will only generate the parser when it is
out-of-date.

--
Adam