ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Help on outputproperty
Date Wed, 15 May 2002 00:40:40 GMT
--- Jane.Shen@nokia.com wrote:
> I tried to use outputproperty as exclude name when I do copy, but the
> outputproperty always empty.
> I don't know why?

Because you specified it with a property reference instead of just the
property name (ie., "${private.file}" instead of "private.file").

But the real question is: What's the expected output from your cleartool
command? If it's a list of filenames, each on a line, you're not going to
be able to pass that to the 'name' attribute of <exclude> anyway. So you'd
probably be better off redirecting the output to a file and passing that
as an 'excludesfile' (of your <fileset>), assuming the output is just a
list of relative-path filenames -- otherwise, you'll need to go
considerably further around the park (write back, if that's the case, and
we'll go from there).

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)