ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Koss <>
Subject Could not create task of type: sql-generate due to java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
Date Mon, 13 May 2002 11:55:51 GMT

I am trying to define my own task and I get the above error when runnig the

This is a part of my build.xml file with a task definition :

<taskdef name="sql-generate" classname="edu.ou.kmi.artemis.SQLGenerator">
      <pathelement location="lib/Artemis.jar"/>
      <pathelement location="lib/Apollo.jar"/>

File Artemis.jar contains a definition of class SQLGenerator. Apollo.jar is
also needed for classes in Artemis.jar.
Without including classpath element I get a completely different message :

  "taskdef class edu.ou.kmi.artemis.SQLGenerator cannot be found"

So I thought that this would finally work. It doesn't however, but I get a
different message now ( see subject ).

After running ant with -debug option I see that it stops in :

and nested exception in :

  "at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)"

Any ideas ?

Using ant 1.5Beta1 with JDK 1.4 on Linux.

Matt Koss
Knowledge Media Institute
Open University

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>