ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <>
Subject Re: Flow-Control
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 04:27:18 GMT
--- Eddie Bush <> wrote:
> Maybe the <if> task is what I am after.  I don't see that though.  Any
> ideas where I could snag a copy of it?  Is it difficult to install such
> things?

It's part of the ant-contrib project on Sourceforge. You can pick up a
nightly jar at:

To use the tasks, do one of: include the jar-file in your CLASSPATH; put
it in ANT_HOME/lib; or add a nested <classpath> element to the <taskdef>
to point to where the jar-file lives. Then include the following in your
build file (optionally, with the nested <classpath>):

  <taskdef resource="net/sf/antcontrib/"/>

This will define all the tasks included in the jar: <if>, <foreach>,
<trycatch>, <switch>, <propertycopy>, <osfamily>.

Since it's a nightly not a release jar, I don't think it includes any
documentation, so you may want to pick up the source and run the target
that builds them (looks to be Javadoc docs):

But, basically, the <if> task is:
    some condition...
      some task(s)
      some other task(s)