ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: copy one file to multiple directories
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 01:40:11 GMT
--- Diane Holt <holtdl@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I thought of a way to do this, but <touch> would need to allow for a
> nested <filelist> element that would behave the way its 'file' attribute
> does, since only the 'file' attribute will actually create a file.

I've modified <touch> to accept a <filelist>. Unfortunately, 1.5 is frozen
for everything but bug fixes, so unless you can convince the other
committers that <touch> not allowing for creating more than a single file
is a bug, I'm afraid it couldn't become part of a release until 1.6 :(

In the meantime, I can send you my modified Touch.java, if you're
interested, along with the target for gen'ing the list of files to touch,
and you could rename the class and just have it as an in-house task.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)