ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: How do I specify multiple Windows directories in one <propert y name> statement?
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 22:30:04 GMT
--- Daniel Barclay <dbarclay@mercator.com> wrote:
> If I set my working directory to "D:\b" (with "D:" and "cd \b"), and
> then run Ant on a project whose basedir attribute is set to "C:\a" and
> which contains a fileset with dir="\c", does the fileset look for
> directory "C:\c"?

Yes. If you specify a path that starts with a slash (ie., not a relative
path, which is where this all started), it will try to find it at the root
(in this case, your C drive) -- but setting your basedir to a hard-coded
full path seems like a sure-fire way to massively reduce the portability
(even from Win* to Win* machine) of your build process.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)