ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: How do I specify multiple Windows directories in one <propert y name> statement?
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 17:43:48 GMT
--- Daniel Barclay <dbarclay@mercator.com> wrote:
> C:\temp>h:
>
> H:\DBarclay>dir \dbarclay
[snip]
>  Directory of H:\dbarclay
[snip]
> 04/30/2002  04:21p      <DIR>          work

To reiterate: You can include the "\" when you're sitting at the "root" --
but if you'd tried to 'cd \work' it wouldn't have worked, unless the Win*
OS you're running is from the bizzaro world (which, come to think of it,
is kind of a redundancy :)

> The pathname "\dbarclay" doesn't always evaluate to the same directory,
> so it isn't an absolute pathname, so it must be a relative pathname,
> right?

I don't know how you have things set up on your machine, so I have no idea
how many "dbarclay" directories you have, or how many of them are real vs.
virtual, but a relative pathname is defined as any path starting with the
name of a directory (ie., not preceded by anything -- not a "/" or a "\"
or drive-letter-colon-slash), which is what makes it relative (ie., it's
relative to the current directory -- IOW, a sub-directory of the current
directory).

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)