ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Problem with failing exec task
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 14:34:23 GMT
--- Johan_Adel÷w <Johan.Adelow@corustechnologies.com> wrote:
> We have been using ant to build and install our product for quite a
> while using jdk1.2.2 and it has always been working on all operating
> systems. Now when switching to jdk1.3 we have encountered a problem.
> We use the ant exec task to launch Oracles loadjava functionality and I
> think that thisone consumes quite a bit of memory. When usink java 1.3
> the exec task fails with different messages on different OS.

Doesn't have to do with the amount of memory anything's using. It has to
do with the difference in how the command is being executed by the VM. You
can either include 'vmlauncher="no"' in your <exec> task, or include the
".bat" extension in the command name when you're running on a Win* box.
You can set it in a property that conditionally includes it -- eg:
  <condition property="loadjava" value="loadjava.bat">
    <os family="windows"/>
  </condition>
  <property name="loadjava" value="loadjava"/>
then reference ${loadjava} in the <exec> 'executable' attribute.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)