ant-user mailing list archives

From "H, Sugumaran (CORP, GEITC)" <Sugumara...@geind.ge.com>
Subject Name attribute in Manifest file
Date Mon, 13 May 2002 11:12:47 GMT
I am in the process of converting our Build scripts form .bat files to Ant
scripts. While invoking the jar command from dos prompt and including out
own Manifest file without Name attribute, we are not getting any errors, but
while I am using the built-in ant task Jar to make the jar files and while I
am supplying our own jar files that doesn't contain the Name attribute, its
complaining that wrong Manifest file. Any info. on how to use a Manifest
file without Name attribute? or any info on what kind of mistake I am doing?

<jar 	jarfile = "${cs.projects.root.dir}/${cs.common.jarEdit.name}"
			manifest =
"${cs.projects.root.dir}/Builds/jaredit.mf"

	<fileset dir = "${cs.projects.root.dir}">
	<include name = "lib/CSUtilities.jar"/>
	<include name = "lib/xerces.jar"/>
	</fileset>
</jar>

and the content of Manifest file is

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Name: com/
Class-Path: . ./lib/CSUtilities.jar ./lib/xerces.jar
Main-Class: com.ge.gxs.icp.cs.util.JarEdit
Specification-Title: JarEdit
Specification-Version: 1.0
Specification-Vendor: GE Global eXchange Services
Package-Vendor: GE Global eXchange Services

error message is

[jar] Manifest is invalid: Manifest sections should start with a "Name"
attribute and not "Class-Path"

and without the Name attribute in Manifest error message is

[jar] Manifest is invalid: Manifest sections should start with a "Name"
attribute and not "Class-Path"

Pl. mail me back in caseif you need any more details...

Thanks,
Sugu

"THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE ALONG WITH ANY ATTACHMENTS IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE
ADDRESSEE and may contain confidential and privileged information.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this
communication is strictly Prohibited.
If you have received this message by error, please notify us
immediately, return the original mail to the sender and delete the
message from your system."