ant-user mailing list archives

From Mark Derricutt <m...@talios.com>
Subject Re: Ant: The Definitive Guide (Orielly)
Date Wed, 29 May 2002 12:39:45 GMT
On Wed, 2002-05-29 at 05:56, Erik Hatcher wrote:

> To further what Steve has said about our forthcoming book [1,2], we are
> covering much more than would even be reasonable for the Ant docs.  We cover
> lots of real-world situations from web development, XML issues, EJB
> projects, and Web Services. These involve several 3rd party tools such as

I see your book will cover writing custom ant tasks, how detailed does
this section go?   The Ant docs on it don't really say much, and the
only other things I've had said about it is "just look at the code of
the existing tasks", which doesn't really help either.  Well, not when
you want to know whats really capable of being done.

Mark