ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Kost <s.k...@webmacher.de>
Subject Re: copy one file to multiple directories
Date Mon, 13 May 2002 08:20:38 GMT
Hi Diane,
> --- Diane Holt <holtdl@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I thought of a way to do this, but <touch> would need to allow for a
> > nested <filelist> element that would behave the way its 'file' attribute
> > does, since only the 'file' attribute will actually create a file.
>
> I've modified <touch> to accept a <filelist>. Unfortunately, 1.5 is frozen
> for everything but bug fixes, so unless you can convince the other
> committers that <touch> not allowing for creating more than a single file
> is a bug, I'm afraid it couldn't become part of a release until 1.6 :(
>
> In the meantime, I can send you my modified Touch.java, if you're
> interested, along with the target for gen'ing the list of files to touch,
> and you could rename the class and just have it as an in-house task.

Thanks a lot for your engagement, as I have a workaround for it a.t.m. I
don't really need it right now. Still I am +1 for inclusion. It's a good
thing if tasks behave uniformously.
Convicing the other that it is a bug, is hard as the manual dons not
claim this is possible. And just saying that the unix command can do it,
is probably not considered as a strong argument :-(

Ciao
  Stefan