ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Kost <s.k...@webmacher.de>
Subject Re: copy one file to multiple directories
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 08:03:03 GMT
Hi all, hi Stefan,
> On 07 May 2002, Stefan Kost <s.kost@webmacher.de> wrote:
>
> > 1.) allowing the touch-task to have a mapper would have helped me.
> > Then I could have supplied a fileset based on some expression and
> > used a mapper to make up my (not yet existing) filenames.
>
> How?  I'm sorry, I may have missed the beginning of the thread.
<long-description>
My problem is probably not very common. To clairfy it a bit more :
I process a file with a stylesheet and read an external document with
filenames (more xml-files) from where I copy parts (nodesets).
Furthermore there might be files in the same dir as the file I copy
parts from. :
src/
  bean1/
    ejb.xml
    env.xml
  bean2/
    ejb.xml
  bean3/
    ejb.xml
opening non-existent doc in xslt fails the processing. Thus I need
somehow to create dummy files, I can later still check via count if
there is something there. Thus one idea was to touch env.xml files in
all places where ejb.xml files are.
</long-description>

> > 2.) an attribute overwrite on style-task would have helped me.
>
> It is there (it is called force).
It's not the same. "force=true" means overwrite even if file seems to be
up-to-date. "overwrite=false" would mean don't care if the file is just
there.

> > 3.) extending the copy-task, so that if "file" is given, but neither
> > "toDir" nor "toFile" the the embedded "<fileset>" specifies
> > destination filenames.
>
> Too implicit for me - I'd rather add a new nested element <destdirset>
> that makes up a dirset (new in Ant 1.5) and all directories in this
> set would become target directories.

As long as this behaviour is well reflected in the docs (description +
example) it would be okay for me.

I currently add a node to all ejb.xml files where an env.xml exists.

Stefan
--

 < W E B M A C H E R >
EDV+INTERNETSERVICE GMBH