ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Kost <>
Subject Re: copy one file to multiple directories
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 13:21:15 GMT
> On 07 May 2002, Stefan Kost <> wrote:
> > but would like to know if a different solution is known.
> write a custom mapper that return multiple file names and use that in
> your <copy> task.
I needed the templates, because the xpath function document() failes for
non-existent targets. I did a workaround for that for now.

As my point of view the reason for the existance of ant is that one has
*not* to write individual scripts/helpers and stuff. I've posted my
problem, so that this need becomes publicly documented and is maybe
considered for further development.

possible solutions I can think of :
1.) allowing the touch-task to have a mapper would have helped me.
Then I could have supplied a fileset based on some expression and used a
mapper to make up my (not yet existing) filenames.
2.) an attribute overwrite on style-task would have helped me.
Then I would create these files with a stylesheet out of other files, if
they are not yet there. Anyway I would consider this individual solution
as a hack.
3.) extending the copy-task, so that if "file" is given, but neither
"toDir" nor "toFile" the the embedded "<fileset>" specifies destination

I personally like the last solution (3) the most.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message