ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: no memory left when executing ant.bat
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 19:34:04 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Julia Schneider" <juletrule@gmx.de>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2002 6:37 AM
Subject: no memory left when executing ant.bat

> Hi,
>
> for an university lecture I've got to write an introduction into ant, but
> apparently don't even manage to install it correctly...:-(
> I work with a GenuineIntel Pentium(r) II Processor Intel MMX(TM)
Technology,
> 64 MB RAM. Windos98 is installed.
> Everytime I execute ant.bat (without arguments for testing purpose), the
> following error-message is shown (translated):
>
>     >ant
>     no memory left in environmental space
>     no memory left in environmental space
>     no memory left in environmental space
>     command or filename not found

ok, the probable problem here is command.com environment space. there is
some way (is it config.sys?) to set this to a higher value than you have
right now, which will let the batch file do its work.

Another trick would be to install perl for win32 from ActiveState and use
the Perl launcher instead

> Is my System to old for ant? Did I do anything wrong?

no, but you can always add more memory; it never goes wrong.