ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: How do I force ant to fail?
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 18:19:19 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kyle Adams" <kadams@gfs.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 9:34 AM
Subject: RE: How do I force ant to fail?

>Hmm... my impression from the Ant 1.4.1 manual was that <jvmarg> ends up as
a -Dname=value on >the command line after java.exe (but obviously before
whatever class is being called), and ><sysproperty>, to quote, "specify
system properties required by the class."

>Any of the Ant heavyweights want to weigh in on this?

><sysproperty> sets a Java system property (what appears as -Dname=value on
>the java.exe command line), while <env> sets a system environment variable.
>Not the same at all. --DD

Dominique is correct.

<jvmarg> is for obscure things like  -Xmx64m, -server, etc. You could do -D
stuff in there, but it is done so often that sysproperty is shortcut