ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <>
Subject Re: Ant: The Definitive Guide (Orielly)
Date Tue, 28 May 2002 19:32:03 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anthony W. Marino" <>
To: "Ant Users List" <>; "Steve Loughran"
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 7:47 AM
Subject: Re: Ant: The Definitive Guide (Orielly)

>> I havent seen ant:tdg yet, but as the main competitor to the book on ant
>> soon to come from Erik and me, they are a key competitor (the other is
>> on-line docs, which is why we opted not to repeat said docs*)). The book
>> was originally scheduled to come out in, um February, and has slipped a
>> couple of times.

>How soon is soon?  I would expect yours and Erik's book to be the "Meyers -
>Effective C++" of ant.

Plan is August. We are 'code complete' as of this weekend, and now the docs
are trickling through the deployment process. We should have a chapter or
two up on the web in a few days.

One thing we still have to deal with is reincorporating laste-minute changes
in ant1.5 back into the docs; they are still happening, and it does take
effort to keep stuff in sync, even at this late stage. That'll be ongoing
right up until Ant1.5 ships. Some of those changes come from us, so we are
making life harder for ourselves just to make sure that Ant1.5 is up to
scratch when we ship. Mostly the changes will be we can strip out the 'this
is broken, here is a workaround' type, but you never know, there may be a
surprise or two waiting for us.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message