ant-user mailing list archives

From Alex Khesin <a...@silicongo.com>
Subject <javadoc> in 1.5 beta1
Date Wed, 29 May 2002 21:43:32 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to use <javadoc> to generate documentation for a small portion
of my java source tree - using fileset nested parameter.  The problem I keep
running into is that "Ant will automatically add the include pattern
**/*.java to these filesets" (according to
http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/manual/CoreTasks/javadoc.html).

To make it concrete, let's say I have a package com/company/package, and the
only file that I want to document in that package is Source.java

The construct that I am trying to make work is

<javadoc>
  <fileset dir="c:\src" >
    <patternset includes="com/company/package/Source.java"/>
  </fileset>
</javadoc>

but since **/*.java is appended to the fileset, the patternset is
effectively converted into

  <fileset dir="c:\src" >
    <patternset includes="**/*.java,com/company/package/Source.java"/>
  </fileset>

as evidenced by Ant's -debug output:

fileset: Setup scanner in dir c:\src with patternSet{ includes: [**/*.java,
com/company/package/Source.java] excludes: [] }

which ends up including every file in my directory tree.

Can someone please suggest a possible workaround?

Thanks!
Alex