ant-user mailing list archives

From "Russ Freeman" <r...@freesoft.co.uk>
Subject RE: Overriding the default XSLT processor w/o using CLASSPATH
Date Sat, 04 May 2002 00:08:15 GMT
I've gone back to using the "CLASSPATH setup before ant called" hack
which seems to work. I place the following jars on the command line:-

C:\Program Files\xalan-j_2_3_1\bin\xalan.jar
C:\Program Files\xalan-j_2_3_1\bin\xml-apis.jar
C:\Program Files\xalan-j_2_3_1\bin\xercesImpl.jar

Which as you guessed come from xalan-j 2.3.1.

And call the style command as follows (paths removed for brevity):-

	in="testresults.xml"
	extension="html"
	style="testresults.xsl"
	out="testresults.html"
/>

I don't specifiy the processor parameter as this seems to look for an
xalan factory class that simply doesn't exist. I wonder if the style
command is out of date w.r.t. xalan?

-----Original Message-----
From: Diane Holt [mailto:holtdl@yahoo.com]
Sent: 03 May 2002 22:40
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: Overriding the default XSLT processor w/o using CLASSPATH

--- Russ Freeman <russ@freesoft.co.uk> wrote:
> Interesting, thanks. Just tried it and although its looking for a
> different Class, still fails to find it. Odd.

I decided to get around to trying this XSLT stuff myself, but I'm having
a cruddy time of it as well. This is the error I get:
  java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/traversal/NodeIterator
        at org.apache.xml.utils.ObjectPool.<init>(ObjectPool.java:100)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.<init>(TransformerImpl.java
:236)
        at
org.apache.xalan.templates.StylesheetRoot.newTransformer(StylesheetRoot.
java:175)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.TraXLiaison.setStylesheet(TraXLia
ison.java:112)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.XSLTProcess.configureLiaison(XSLTProcess.j
ava:459)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.XSLTProcess.process(XSLTProcess.java:368)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.XSLTProcess.execute(XSLTProcess.java:159)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:202)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:601)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:560)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.start(Main.java:153)

So I must be doing something completely wrong -- I just have no idea
what.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)