ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: condition logic in XML
Date Fri, 17 May 2002 20:49:08 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Geoff Meakin" <geoffm@isocra.com>
To: "Ant Users List" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2002 6:18 AM
Subject: condition logic in XML

> <if conditions="${prop1}=${prop2},${prop3}=${prop4}">
>   <...  do stuff ...>
> </if>

ignoring the issue of the value of the conditions task it is wrong to have
all the condition logic in the literal as it makes it harder to parse, and
well nigh impossible for things like XSLT to do fancy things with it. And
does do things like support , ; and : separated lists in places, but all new
stuff doesnt do this because we understand more about IDE integration, XSLT
manipulation and the like. I know it makes things look ugly, but XML is not
intended to be a terse language.  (that is explicitly in their design docs,
somewhere)

-steve