ant-user mailing list archives

From "Hal Hildebrand \(web\)" <Hal.Hildebr...@hellblazer.com>
Subject Re: Translating UNC paths to local paths
Date Tue, 21 May 2002 21:26:53 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Loughran" <steve_l@iseran.com>

The system is administered from one computer using the ant tasks - so
all systems have the same configuration, just some property diffs
between them.

> > Wait a minute.  I just tried psexec with a UNC file name, which
would be
> > the same on both the remote and local computers and it worked.  So I
> > think that's the ticket - just deal with UNC paths.  Thank "Bob".
>
> you could also issue a net use command and parse the results.

I looked at this, but it doesn't seem to give me the information I'm
looking for.  For example:

D:\> net use
New connections will be remembered.

Status       Local     Remote                    Network

-------
OK                     \\ss04\root               Microsoft Windows
Network
Disconnected           \\Ss04\IPC$               Microsoft Windows
Network
The command completed successfully.

Note that it is not giving me the translation of \\ss04\root to the
remote computer's local drive.  I think that "net use" will only give me
the mapping of local computer's drive to the UNC path.  (unless I'm
missing something here)