ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bryan Pendleton" <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Ant 1.5 - difference between Ant.inheritAll and Ant.inheritRefs?
Date Mon, 13 May 2002 22:31:59 GMT
In Ant 1.4.1, I had a custom Ant task which
implements a 'master build' by iterating through
a set of directories, creating an 'Ant' task for
each directory in order to build it.

In Ant 1.5, my code is failing, and I wonder if
it is due to the change in reference inheritance.

It seems as though in Ant 1.4.1, an Ant task would
automatically inherit all objects of the form

  <path id="xyz"> ... </path>

which were created in the parent Ant task, while
in Ant 1.5, it looks as though I have to explicitly
say 'inheritRefs="true"' in order to get this
behavior.

Am I understanding this behavior properly?

thanks,

bryan