ant-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Hassan" <greg.has...@net-linx.com>
Subject Automating builds using ANT and StarTeam
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 17:06:02 GMT
Our current repository (StarTeam) is poorly organized and makes it almost
impossible to automate our builds. Our product is divided into three
separate packages, each one distributed as two JARs (one source code, and
one for classes). I would like to separate our test code, non-code resources
(i.e. PDF documents) and unused code from production code.

Below is an example of the structure I am considering:

--- BEGIN DIAGRAM ----
projectx
   implementation
       production
           package-A
               subpackage-A1
                   src
               subpackage-A2
                   src
           package-B
               subpackage-B1
                   src
       testing
           package-A
               subpackage-A1
                   src
               subpackage-A2
                   src
           package-B
               subpackage-B1
                   src
       unused
           package-A
               subpackage-A1
                   src
               subpackage-A2
                   src
           package-B
               subpackage-B1
                   src

--- END DIAGRAM ----

the build should result in 6 jar files created:
   package-A.jar, package-A-src.jar
   package-B.jar, package-B-src.jar
   package-c.jar, package-c-src.jar

Can anyone provide feedback and illustrate benefits and drawbacks to the
above solution?

Thanks.
Greg