ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Can ant do this?
Date Tue, 21 May 2002 23:54:16 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jimmy Han" <jhan@cisco.com>
To: "Ant Users List" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 3:32 PM
Subject: Re: Can ant do this?

> I don't care it should be <foreach> or something else. What I
> care is that my job has become more tedious without that.

like Diane said, there is one in ant-contrib on sourceforge if you need it.

> It is very common that we have many sub-projects that have
> the same build tasks except that they use different directories
> that are related to the base directory. If ant can do
> ${${project}.name}, then they can use the same build.xml.
> The only change is the project name. Isn't that a nice thing?

turn the idea on its head.

-have sub projects using XML includes to pull in core property, classpath,
task declarations
-have reusable library build files that use well known properties as
arguments

each build file is standalone but reuses core components