ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Translating UNC paths to local paths
Date Tue, 21 May 2002 23:51:56 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hal Hildebrand (web)" <Hal.Hildebrand@hellblazer.com>
To: "Ant Users List" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 2:26 PM
Subject: Re: Translating UNC paths to local paths

> I looked at this, but it doesn't seem to give me the information I'm
> looking for.  For example:
>
> D:\> net use
> New connections will be remembered.
>

> Status       Local     Remote                    Network

> -------
> OK                     \\ss04\root               Microsoft Windows
> Network
> Disconnected           \\Ss04\IPC$               Microsoft Windows
> Network
> The command completed successfully.
>
> Note that it is not giving me the translation of \\ss04\root to the
> remote computer's local drive.  I think that "net use" will only give me
> the mapping of local computer's drive to the UNC path.  (unless I'm
> missing something here)

I could probably write the 30 or so lines win32 code to rummage around and
then output the results as a properties file for loading in to ant, but it
would take time I dont have, being somewhat busy with getting to grips with
JSTL today. FYI, the API call  you need is NetShareEnum() ; enums network
shares and tells you about them.