ant-user mailing list archives

From "Russ Freeman" <r...@freesoft.co.uk>
Subject RE: CVS or Get???
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 17:24:23 GMT
For what it's worth, I always use checkout on my nightly builds just
after scrubbing all current sources.

Tip: If you create such a target, remember not to test it on your local
source code!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com]
Sent: 10 May 2002 17:36
To: Ant Users List; jerome.jacobsen@gentootech.com
Subject: Re: CVS or Get???

It is indeed a confusing comment there, which probably should just be
removed.

What it means is that if you have files (like JAR's) available then
perhaps getting them from an intranet HTTP server would be better than
getting them from CVS.  At least I believe that is what it means.
Either way, the two tasks have nothing to do with one another - use
whichever is appropriate for your needs.

    Erik