ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Re[4]: The old immutable properties trick
Date Wed, 15 May 2002 03:34:01 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <samson@ozemail.com.au>
To: "Ant Users List" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 6:24 PM
Subject: Re[4]: The old immutable properties trick

> Thanks for that info, I read the ANT DEV thread, I'd like to suggest that
you add an attribute to properties that specify whether they are read-only
or not. With read-only the default. That way anyone requiring mutable
properties can add the read-only='false' attribute and have the behaviour
they require. Just one more field in a proerties object and a bit of
checking code!

the problem is that the anyone who wants mutable properties is often
different from the somone who wants to use their build in a larger build. A
nice simple, properties arent mutable in a single 'context' is simple,
coherent and works.