ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: <cc>
Date Wed, 29 May 2002 18:18:42 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anthony W. Marino" <anthony@AWMObjects.com>
To: "Ant Users List" <>; "Steve Loughran" <steve_l@iseran.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 10:03 AM
Subject: Re: <cc> (was Re: Java Development with Ant)

>> I managed to use it to compile a JNI native library, with a single build
>> file going javac->javah->cc->junit. As a process for building jni libs,
>> this is slick, better than spawmning MSDEV as I have done in the past.
That
>> works, but gives you the usual IDE portability grief.
>>

>To me this stuff really is adrenaline-releasing technology.
>I just can't wait!!!

>Anthony

go over to ant-contrib.sf.net, get the <cc> stuff from SCM and then start
playing. It should go into Ant proper in the 1.6 timeframe.

I suspect that autoconf will always have the edge on complex stuff, as it
probes the gcc compiler to see what it can and cannot do. <cc> doesnt try
anything like that, yet.

There is also a project on sforge, JNI++ I think, to make JNI coding easier.
Starts off in ant, and generates the makefile...maybe a future build will
generate a new build file instead.