ant-user mailing list archives

From Shimon Crown <shimon.cr...@equipnet.co.il>
Subject Ant very slow with JDK 1.3 and 1.4
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 11:15:50 GMT
I have a number of JDKs on my Windows NT box. I have found that I get unacceptably slow compile
times when compiling with JDK 1.3.1 or JSDK 1.4.0. For comparison it takes about 10 seconds
to compile 6 files with JDK 1.2.2 (supplied with the IDE I use) whereas it takes 2.5 minutes
with the later JDKs. I am changing the JDK by setting the  JAVA_HOME variable in the ant.bat
file

e.g :

rem set JAVA_HOME=c:\j2sdk1.4.0
rem set JAVA_HOME=c:\jdk1.3.1
set JAVA_HOME=c:\visualcafexe\Java2

What do I need to do to speed up compilation with the newer JDKs ?

Shimon Crown