ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Run time commands
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 12:22:23 GMT
On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Oisin Kim <oisin.kim@aurium.net> wrote:

> I've tried using the exec aommand but the result is exactly the
> same.

Either I don't understand what you want or you didn't understand my
answer - probably both ;-)

> Commandline input is not possible.

What exactly do you mean with command line input?

Reading from System.in?  This is in fact not supported by Ant -
neither for <exec> nor for forked <java> tasks.

Passing parameters on the command line?  This works.

I thought you had an executable that created some output and you want
to use that (the output) as a command line parameter.  Something like

mv `basename $i .bak` $i

which would remove the .bak suffix from $i on a Unix command line.
This can be done with the help of <exec>'s outputproperty attribute.

Stefan