ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: skipping binary files while filtering is on
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 07:19:14 GMT
On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Joe Suncire <Joe.Suncire@qwest.com> wrote:

> Is there a more efficient way to do this?

Using external files to hold your patterns and in/excludesfile would
at least avoid the duplication of the patterns.

I'm not aware of any other solution right now - if that selector
proposal gets into Ant 1.5, it may be an option.

> Is there a way to "detect" a text-based versus binary file with ANT?

No - at least not yet.

> I've considered having an external file containing patternsets that
> the build.xml would reference .

Oops, should read the entire mail before writing my answer.  Yes, do
that 8-)

Stefan