ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant corrupting Shift_Jis characters
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2002 06:31:34 GMT
On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Ed Mack <edm@wrq.com> wrote:

> So far, I have tried to run "replace" and "fixcrlf" tasks on these
> pages -- parts of our build process, and a few of the Japanese
> characters are different.

Both <fixcrlf> and <replace> will have encoding attributes in Ant 1.5
- and both lacked them in 1.4.1.  Ant 1.4.1 will always assume your
files are in the platform default encoding and there is no way around.

> As a workaround, I am using a Perl script to perform my string
> replacements

I'd say either switch to a nightly build (and 1.5beta when it is
ready, which should happen in a couple of days) or stick to your Perl
script until 1.5 has been released.

As an Ant developer I'd certainly urge you to at least give the beta a
try and help us squash bugs that are still in it.

Stefan