ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help generating scripts from ant tasks
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2002 06:06:01 GMT
On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Joshua Kneubuhl <joshua.kneubuhl@demandtec.com>
wrote:

> Where java-script-generator is a user-defined task that extends the
> ExecTask (or ExecuteJava), and writes the Execute object into an
> OS-specific shell script.

Don't use ExecTask as your starting point but look at Commandline
directly.

BTW, the command line you see with -verbose is not really what Ant
executes, only an approximation of it (we should fix that IMHO).  Ant
doesn't use a command line with arguments that are quoted to preserve
whitespace in them, it uses the String[] version of Runtime.exec which
means every single command line argument gets passed as an unquoted
String.

Stefan