ant-user mailing list archives

From "dhemeryy" <d...@dhemery.com>
Subject Re: Ant task to rasterize SVG?
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 17:10:30 GMT
Hi Nicola,

> > Do any of you know of an Ant task that rasterizes SVG, and spits
> > out JPG or GIF or whatever?
>
> In the batik module under the contrib section there's an Ant task
> that does just that.

Thank you very much!  I've been running Batik by hand, so this is an
easy step for me.

I had trouble at first.  The <rasterize> task was creating blank
JPGs.  So I ran the Batik rasterizer by hand, and found that it, too,
created blank JPGs.  So I ran the Batik SVG browser, and it worked
just fine.  What the hey!?

I snooped around the web, and found out that the Batik 1.1.1
rasterizer produces JPGs correctly under JRE 1.3, but not under JRE
1.4.

So now I run Ant under JRE 1.3, and the <rasterize> task works just
fine.

Dale