ant-user mailing list archives

From "dhemeryy" <d...@dhemery.com>
Subject Re: GUI for Ant?
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2002 22:26:07 GMT
Hi Gordon, Dave, Mike, Chris, and Richart,

Thank you all for your suggestions.

I was trying to avoid the effort of building Antidote from source (I wasn't up for getting
and learning some CVS tool, downloading the Antidote source, and figuring out how to convince
Ant to build it).

Well, I stopped avoiding it.  Got CVS.  Got the Antidote source.  Built it.

Antidote does exactly what I need.

I will use it mostly to build a web site from XML source.  For that, I wanted something simple,
and not a full IDE.

On a related note, lately I have been comparing IDEs for some hobby projects.  For the moment,
I'm trying NetBeans.  If I get to the point where I'm prepared to spend money on an IDE, I
will definitely check out IDEA.  I've heard lots of developers gushing about it.

Again, thanks to all of you for your recommendations.

Dale