ant-user mailing list archives

From Ying Wang <yingw...@hawaii.edu>
Subject A question on design of build
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 19:59:24 GMT
Hi , all,
  The situation is :
  We have a lot of EJB jars, serveral web applications. We are using
weblogic, ant, JDK. The build can run on UNIX and WinNT boxes.
  Currently , we ask every developer to set their own
JAVA_HOME,ANT_HOME,WEBLOGIC_HOME as their system variables. SO the build
can find home to build.

  My question is :
  Can we set a folder like buildtool which includes all the required
homes: part of JDK, ANT, weblogic folders. Every developer do not have to
take care of the system varibles, he only have to download the tool from
VCS to relative directory to the project.
  Is it good?
  Any better idea than this?

Any help is appreciated!

Ying Wang