ant-user mailing list archives

From "Erik" <e...@sumerduckva.com>
Subject RE: Running a server in a separate JVM
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 01:10:53 GMT
Try using the <java> task with a fork="true" instead of exec.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Hatton [mailto:chris0hatton@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 6:34 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Running a server in a separate JVM

I'm attempting to use ant to start/stop Tomcat 4.0 to
improve the turn around time on testing my server side
code.

I have been using the following target to start
Tomcat...

	<target name="Start_Tomcat" description="Starts the
server">
	    <exec dir="${JAVA_HOME}\bin" executable="java">
		<arg line="-jar -Duser.dir=${TOMCAT_HOME}
${TOMCAT_HOME}\bin\bootstrap.jar start"/>
	    </exec>
	</target>

However, this process blocks until Tomcat exits.  Does
anyone know of a way I can run this in a separate JVM,
so that ant will return from this target before I kill
Tomcat?

Thanks in advance!

Chris Hatton
Software Engineer