ant-user mailing list archives

From dhaval.h.ud...@orbitech.co.in
Subject RE: ZipException problem
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2002 08:28:16 GMT

On Sat, 6 Apr 2002, dhaval h. udani <dhaval.h.udani@orbitech.co.in>
wrote:

> Updating jar since cannot read current jar manifest:

Forget the "Updating" part, this is misleading.  What the message
really says is that Ant has failed to read the manifest from the jar
you want to overwrite.  Does it include one?

>> Actually I have deleted the jar and am creating it again.

> java.util.zip.ZipExceptionThe system cannot find the file specified

You are trying to add something to the archive that is not there.  As
you haven't specified a manifest yourself, Ant will try to load it's
default manifest file and fails.

Have you built Ant yourself?

>> No I have downloaded Ant binaries from the Jakarta site and I am
using Ant 1.4.

Stefan