ant-user mailing list archives

From Alexey Solofnenko <alex...@mdli.com>
Subject RE: "Including" external build.xml files
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 21:35:44 GMT
Use something like:

<!DOCTYPE project [
  <!ENTITY ant_include SYSTEM "build.xml.local">
]>

<project name="ProjectName" default="all" basedir=".">
&ant_include;
</project>

Sincerely,
  Alexey Solofnenko.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Lindwall [mailto:JLindwall@Xifin.com]
Sent: Friday, April 05, 2002 1:35 PM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: "Including" external build.xml files

We're interested in having a core "build.xml" file with the necessary logic
to build our application.  In addition we'd like to have some non-essential
but convenient build targets available but not clutter up the core
build.xml.

For example, our core java compile stage will compile everything at once.
For the convenience of developers it's nice to have a javac target
per-package so they can just compile the package they are working on and not
the whole tree.

Is it possible to have a convenience.xml that "includes" the build.xml?  The
developers can use convenience.xml which provides access to the core targets
in build.xml and the convenient targets.  The nightly build process can
simple use build.xml.

Thanks.

--
{ http://trelony.cjb.net/   } Alexey N. Solofnenko