ant-user mailing list archives

From Donald Mitchell <Donald.Mitch...@peregrine.com>
Subject RE: Don't invoke target X if output file is "current"
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2002 15:59:10 GMT
Ant has an uptodate task that you can call before you run your regular task.
It will set a property if the specified file or files (via a fileset) are
all up-to-date with respect to a specified source area.

Then in your regular task just add either an "if" attribute or "unless"
attribute to perform that task depending on the setting of the above
property.

Don

-----Original Message-----
From: John Lindwall [mailto:JLindwall@Xifin.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 8:56 AM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: Don't invoke target X if output file is "current"

I'm missing a feature from make.  How can I avoid invoking a target if the
"output file" is "current" (ie newer then the "input file")?

In ant it seems that this kind of dependency checking is left to the task
implementation.  Do I have to create a custom task every time I want to
implement this kind of checking?  DependSet does not seem to be what I want.

Thanks!