ant-user mailing list archives

From Marc Luce <marc.l...@blackbird.net>
Subject FW: ProjectHelper.parsePropertyString removes $'s - Is this a bug ?
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:00:32 GMT
have you tried using $$?  I have (sadly) stepped away from my Ant
involvement for 2 releases, but in the past you needed to escape the $.

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Aston [mailto:paston@bea.com]
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2002 7:19 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: ProjectHelper.parsePropertyString removes $'s - Is this a bug?

I found that the $ symbol is being stripped from SQL used in my <sql>
tasks. Investigating further....

 import org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper;

 public class AntBug {
 	System.out.println(
 	    ProjectHelper.replaceProperties(null,
 					    "This $ is $ a $test",
 					    null));
     }
 }

gives "This  is  a test"

Surely this isn't the desired behaviour?

- Phil