ant-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Barclay <dbarc...@mercator.com>
Subject RE: Switching versions of java during an ant build
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2002 14:33:29 GMT

See my previous reply for more on that, but I just had an idea:

Should Ant provide a general way to run tasks using different Java
platform versions?  (Tasks could take an additional attribute that
specified which version to use.)

If you need to build different parts of your system with different
versions, or maybe run tests on different versions, it might be
useful.

On the other hand, it would slow things down a lot, and would
probably complicate internal Ant code a lot (passing arguments
to a new VM instead of directly calling methods).

Oh well, probably not.

Daniel