ant-user mailing list archives

From John Lindwall <JLindw...@Xifin.com>
Subject Build 200 entity beans
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 23:48:14 GMT
Our build.xml script needs to build ejb jar files for 200 individual entity beans.  What is
the best way to encode this in a build.xml file.  I shudder to think of creating 200 individual
targets.

I can see creating a generic target to perform the processing (mkdir, copy xml files, run
ejbc, etc) but then I still need 200 <antcall> invocations to process all the entity
beans.

I find myself wanting to say "foreach dir in com\beans\* call the entity-bean-build target".
 Then I only need a  single entity-bean-build target and I can add/remove subdirs in the source
tree and the build will automatically pick thme up.  Is this a viable idea or is there some
bettter idea.

John