ant-user mailing list archives

From "Shvartsburd, Feliks" <Feliks.Shvartsb...@kmv.com>
Subject RE: What to do in case of deadlock?
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2002 16:43:28 GMT
Why don't you put some timer and wait for some time. If after time specified your test case
is not done just kill this thread. That's what I do when I don't know if my test case will
ever finish because of some problems in the application logic. Another question would be is
this caused by something that you're not doing right or  it's something else?

-----Original Message-----
From: Green, Craig [mailto:craig.green@documentum.com]
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2002 8:37 AM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: What to do in case of deadlock?

Hi,
	I have a JUnit task that runs some threaded tests. One of the tests
seems to deadlock. Unfortunately, this means that the Ant process never
completes and my status email does not get sent. Has anyone else experienced
this? How did you handle it? I don't require anything fancy, even some sort
of time out may do.

Any advice?

Thanks,
-cg