ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Documentation question
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2002 18:45:35 GMT
I'm not the best person to answer this particular question, but ANT's
documentation is not generated from Javadocs, but from XML doc files
transformed by something (xdoc?) to HTML. ANT code also has Javadocs of
course, but until recently this API documentation was never "published" on
the official web site. One had to generate it from CVS sources.

So to come back on the original question, you would either have to enable
conversion of the XML documentation to PDF using XSLT/FOP (might not be
easy... I have no clue if it's even possible), or convert it to something
(MIF) that can already be easily converted to PDF, or finally post-process
the generated HTML in some way.

It doesn't seem that doxygen would be of much help here. --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Kyle R . Burton [mailto:mortis@voicenet.com]
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 1:15 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Documentation question

> Interesting. Do you know if anyone is using it for the Ant documentation?

Thats the nice thing about Doxygen -- if Ant's api documentation is written
in Javadoc then it's already supported - you just run Doxygen against
the soruces, similarly to running the javadoc program.  No speical work
is necessary over Javadoc - there are Doxygen specific features you can
take advantage of, but you don't need to.

Kyle

Wisdom and Compassion are inseparable.
        -- Christmas Humphreys
mortis@voicenet.com