ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: new line in echo
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2002 16:42:52 GMT
Faced the same problem I think. I could only come up with this:

<property name="nl" value="${line.separator}" />
<echo file="${logfile}"
      message="blabla${nl}"
	append="yes" />
<echo file="${logfile}"
      message="more blabla${nl}"
	append="yes" />

I think I remember trying:

<echo file="${logfile}"	append="yes" />
Blabla
more blabla
</echo>

and that it didn't work correctly. I'm not sure I tried:

<echo file="${logfile}"	append="yes" />
Blabla${nl}
more blabla${nl}
</echo>

It may have had my newline with still the extra incorrect newline for my
platform (W2K). I would have expected <echo> to replace the Text with proper
line termination for the current platform (or a target os), but it didn't or
I couldn't figure out how for sure. Bug???

--DD