ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject Bug in <jar update="true"> of ANT 1.4.1?
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 20:13:21 GMT
1) I'm creating a JAR with a manifest using <jar>
2) I'm processing the created JAR to gather some meta-info about it, saved
into a file.
3) I'm updating the JAR to add my new XML file in META-INF

Doing (3) with jar.exe works as expected:

	jar uf ${jarfile} -C ${xml-reg-dir} META-INF/MetaInfo.xml

i.e. adds the file to the JAR, and doesn't touch the manifest.

Doing (3) with <jar> hoses my manifest, replacing it by an empty/minimal
one:

    <jar jarfile="${jarfile}"
         update="true"
         basedir="${xml-reg-dir}"
         includes="META-INF/MetaInfo.xml" />

I have to re-add the manifest attribute of the <jar update="true"> task.
So there's an easy enough work around, but isn't this a BUG????

Thanks to let me know, --DD