ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: can a target be used twice in a target
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2002 22:32:41 GMT
Yes, ANT does that on purpose, but doing static dependency analysis. But
what seems really strange is why you would need this cleanup target to run
several times, especially *in between* dependent targets like that. I think
most ANTers would think it's a hint that there are other problems with your
build file (but of course I may be wrong, since don't know the specificities
of your build system!). If you could send more info as to why cleanup needs
to run several times like that, it would help me and others find out what's
going on, and how best to address any potential issues.

Other than that, by using <antcall> one can end up calling a target several
times, by as I said above, your build file might not follow ANT philosophy
of doing builds, and it would probably be better to fix it, rather that
kludging it to call cleanup multiple times in its current shape...

Regards, --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Jane.Fraser@vodafone-us.com [mailto:Jane.Fraser@vodafone-us.com]
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 5:19 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: can a target be used twice in a target

I'm try to use a target more than once, but it doesn't seem to run the
second time

eg.

<!-- jar: compile src files, and package into jar file -->
     <target name="jar" depends="cleanup, compile, package, cleanup"/>

the cleanup, deletes all the files in the classes directory. I want to this
before and after, since some of my build processes don't cleanup. and
before checking in,

thanks
jane
Jane Fraser