ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Javac Task(Urgent Help)
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2002 15:00:57 GMT
As Diane says, using failonerror="no" just makes the ANT build continue
rather than abort because of the compile error. There's no way to do what
you ask directly, since it's the Javac compiler that stops on the first
error, not ANT.

Failing on compile errors is entirely reasonable to most people. If you
really want to build as many jars as possible, do not compile all the
classes at onee. Compile only the classes of each jar by using the
of <javac> and package these up. The problem with this approach is that
you're going to have a hard time finding out if it's a good build or not
without scanning all the log of the build...

--DD

-----Original Message-----
From: subhendukumar mohanty [mailto:subhendukm@infy.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 8:53 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: Javac Task(Urgent Help)

Thanks For reply.

But I have tried with failonerror="no" in javac task. It seems that after
one of the compilation error for one class , it does not compile other
classes which are not depend upon the failed class.

Actually in my project there are 700 classes. After compilation of classes ,
the next task is to make different jar files for certain group of packages.
At the time of build one of the class failed compilation error. After build
I found the jar files does not contain anything. Then I saw the stage
directory for number of classes, I found that it did not compile other
classes which are not dependant on.

Thanks,
Subhendu