ant-user mailing list archives

Subject RE: Recursive replacement of text
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 05:43:13 GMT
Why do you have to keep the versions within the source code?
Are you not using CVS?

I personally do not keep version numbers within source code. I Let CVS
to do it.

Do you guys keep versions within the source code?

Kunio Nakamaru
-----Original Message-----
From: Somik Raha []
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 2:24 PM
Subject: Recursive replacement of text

    My Java files have a license header, which shows the version no of the
software. For every release, I'd like the version no automatically updated
with a value that I provide.
    To do this automatic recursive replacement (recursing thru
subdirectories), I am facing problems (still a newbie to ant).
    I am trying :

<target name="versionSource">
    <replace dir="${src}" value="v${version}">
        <include name="**/*.java"/>

Now I have two properties defined  - "version" and "previousVersion", which
I'd provide for a build.
The problem is  - how do I get this to recurse through all the
subdirectories under src ?

Also - is this the right approach for my task ?

Thanks in advance (sorry about the previous mail, went accidentally before I
completed - M$ outlook..)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>