ant-user mailing list archives

From Ed Mack <...@wrq.com>
Subject Ant corrupting Shift_Jis characters
Date Sat, 27 Apr 2002 00:25:54 GMT
Hi all,
Please forgive me if it becomes apparent that I'm missing something obvious,
as I'm not well versed in double-byte, or other character encodings, for
that matter.

In our build, I am trying to process web pages (HTML) that contain meta tags
of:
content="text/html; charset=shift_jis", and the pages, indeed, contain
Japanese characters.

So far, I have tried to run "replace" and "fixcrlf" tasks on these
pages--parts of our
build process, and a few of the Japanese characters are different.

I have looked at the user archives and tried the following (as a test), but
it makes no difference:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Shift_Jis" ?>
<project name="test" default="all" basedir=".">
  <target name="init">
    <tstamp/>
  </target>
  <target name="test_fixcrlf" depends="init">
    <echo message="Fixing CRLF ..."/>
    <fixcrlf srcdir="${basedir}/output/preproc"
includes="help/**/ja/html/*.htm*"/>
  </target>
</project>

(I also tried "UTF-8")

As a workaround, I am using a Perl script to perform my string
replacements--which works, but
I have not implemented a replacement for fixcrlf.

Does anyone have any insights into this?

Thanks!

Ed Mack
WRQ, Inc.
We specialize in integration software and services that let you quickly
adapt your host-intensive environment to meet new business needs.